The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) implemented by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Malaysia is seeking qualified civil society organizations to put forward Concept Proposal. The purpose for Concept Proposal is to assist interested applicants to use their time and effort more effectively, and also to ensure that they are on the right track from the very beginning. GEF SGP Malaysia encourages all applicants to initially submit to us, a "Concept Proposal" of their proposed Full Project. Qualified applicants will be notified for further development of Full Project Proposal.
- Locally registered Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). GEF SGP Malaysia grants are available ONLY for not-for-profit NGOs/CBOs/CSOs, etc. Applicant who fail to provide a copy of certificate of registration will not be considered for full proposal development.
- Local registered bank account of the organisation.
- Organisation must have strong organizational capacity to implement SGP grant projects and meet SGP requirements.
Eligible Project Activities
All project proposals submitted to SGP Secretariat need to demonstrate:
- How the proposed project proposal meets the GEF SGP criteria by articulating how project objectives and activities would have an impact in the SGP areas of work -GEF focal areas (Biodiversity, Climate Change, Land Degradation, Chemical Reduction, Sustainable Forest Management, International Water). For more information on this please visit our areas of work section.
- How the proposed project proposal responds or are aligned to the targets and objectives of the SGP Malaysia Country Programme Strategy (CPS). Please visit our website and download a copy of the CPS or contact the NC.
- Demonstrate strong community involvement in the proposed project.
- Focus on environmental issues and livelihood improvement.
The maximum grant amount for the budget will be limited to $50,000 with applicants required to provide rough budget estimation.
The duration of each grant project may vary from 12 to 24 months.
Deadline: 13 October 2019 (5.00 PM).
ONLY qualified applicants will be notified for further development into Full Project Proposal.
The concept Proposal template and the Guidance Notes document:
- Concept Proposal Template
- Guidance Notes
To obtain more details on SGP and guidelines for application please contact:
Lee Shin Shin
GEF Small Grants Programme – Malaysia
United Nations Offices in Malaysia
No. 2, Jalan Tun Abdul Razak
Precinct 2, 62100
Tel: (60-3) 8689 6055