The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) implemented by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Malaysia is seeking qualified civil society organizations to put forward Full Proposal.
- Locally registered Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). GEF SGP Malaysia grants are available ONLY for not-for-profit NGOs/CBOs/CSOs, etc. Applicant who fail to provide a copy of certificate of registration will not be considered for full proposal.
- Local registered bank account of the organisation.
- Organisation must have strong organizational capacity to implement SGP grant projects and meet SGP requirements.
Eligible Project Activities
All project proposals submitted to SGP Secretariat need to demonstrate:
- How the proposed project meets the GEF SGP criteria by articulating how project objectives and activities would have an impact in the SGP areas of work -GEF focal areas (Biodiversity, Climate Change, Land Degradation, Chemical Reduction, Sustainable Forest Management, International Water). For more information on this please visit our areas of work section.
- How the proposed project responds or are aligned to the targets and objectives of the SGP Malaysia Country Programme Strategy (CPS). Please visit our website and download a copy of the CPS or contact the NC.
- Demonstrate strong community involvement in the proposed project.
- Focus on environmental issues and livelihood improvement.
The maximum grant amount for the budget will be limited to US$50,000, applicants required to provide detail breakdown of budget.
Deadline: 21 February 2020 (5.00 PM).
The Full Proposal template and the Guidance Notes document:
- Full Proposal Template
- Budget Template
- Guidance Notes(Please refer to the Guidance Notes before you fill the Proposal Template)
To obtain more details on SGP and guidelines for application please contact:
Lee Shin Shin
GEF Small Grants Programme – Malaysia
United Nations Offices in Malaysia
No. 2, Jalan Tun Abdul Razak
Precinct 2, 62100
Tel: (60-3) 8689 6055