Call for Applications National Steering Committee (NSC)
Invitation for Expression of Interest to Participate in the National Steering Committee
The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) Implemented by UNDP is pleased to announce a call for expression of interest from Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), including Community-based Organisations (CBOs), Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), academia, scientific Institutions and conservation groups to serve on the GEF SGP National Steering Committee in Malaysia.
Role of the NSC
The National Steering Committee (NSC) serves as the main decision-making body of the SGP at the country level and provides overall oversight, guidance, and direction to the Country Programme. All NSC members contribute to their responsibilities on a voluntary basis. Membership and responsibilities of the NSC are:
- Provide overall guidance and strategic direction of the Country Programme Strategy (CPS)
- Review and approve projects in alignment with the Country Programme Strategy.
- Provide technical expertise on national environmental and/or social issues of global concern.
- Link the SGP operations to the relevant global, regional, and national policies and strategies of the GEF and other third-party co-financing.
- Support partnership development and resource mobilisation efforts for the SGP at project and country levels.
- Support scaling up efforts to mainstream SGP lessons learned and successes in national development planning and policy-making.
- Provide inputs and endorsement to the Country Programme Strategy
How to apply?
Interested persons are invited to submit a curriculum vitae and expression of interest before 31 October 2022 to the National Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Terms of Reference can be downloaded here.